Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fashion's Worst Finds

There comes a point when you have to ask yourself if something is really fashion or if it’s just plain hideous. Odds are if you even have to ask that in the first place, it’s probably not. It seems like designers now-a-days are trying to push the envelope so much that some of their pieces are losing taste (and for others it’s long gone.)




Photobucket

Not only was I unsure of what this was at first, I didn’t even think it was a piece of clothing. Come to find out it’s a jacket/scarf. But figuring out what it was can’t be half as difficult as putting this on. This…thing…is by Bless and priced at a penny-pinching $931- what a steal!

Photobucket


Incase you’d like to look like you’d just gotten attacked by an animal we bring you the Dion Lee silk blazer, complete with cut-out elbows. Perfect for the workplace! This piece of chopped up fabric will set you back $823.

Photobucket


Comme des Garcons is typically known for flawlessly constructed couture, well, until now at least. This piece is from the new Fall/Winter collection. I am really at a loss for words when it comes to this, considering it is a bunch of small rags tied onto a large brown sack. The good news is that it’s half wool so maybe it can keep you warm….if you’re willing to pay the $1280 to purchase it.

Just when you thought they couldn’t put a price on ugly...it got a little more expensive!

2 comments:

  1. It is funny how the advertising agencies and stores present their products in a way that it.

    Myself, I am a clearance rack shopper. I can still get trendy clothes for a lot less. Even if it isn't trendy any more, as long as I like it and the price is low, I am happy. I do not need approval of others and am not easily influenced by others.


    I remember an Emperor who wanted the best and was fooled into wearing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more! This is crazy. I can not believe fashion has gone this far... well i guess i can. It is so odd how quickly fashion changes and how odd it looks at first.

    ReplyDelete

Followers